As COVID-19 becomes a virus that we learn to live with, it may still impact the learning of some children who test positive for the virus as they will need to self-isolate for a period of time. We will continue to support all of our pupils through our remote education programme, should they need to self-isolate or in the event of lockdown measures following government guidance.
Mrs Davis has responsibility for the quality and delivery of remote education, including that provision meets expectations for remote education. Mr Bradbury has responsibility for monitoring the engagement of remote education and supports access through the provision of passwords and hardware, when required.
Our Remote Education Policy can be viewed on our Policies page, which can be found here.
Microsoft Teams will be used by our teaching staff as the platform upon which to share live lessons, independent tasks, announcements/communication with their classes and to provide daily feedback.
From September 2021, if your child needs to self-isolate as they have tested positive for COVID-19, please inform school immediately and we will notify your child’s class teacher. From the next school day, your child will be able to access remote education via their Microsoft Teams account.
Each child has their own Microsoft Teams account with individual login and password. These have been provided to all parents in writing. Queries regarding access to Microsoft Teams should be directed to Mr Bradbury, via the school office email address [email protected].
Information on accessing education through Microsoft Teams for Parents can be found here.
This curriculum offer follows the same sequence of learning as outlined in our whole school long term plans (which can be viewed on the curriculum pages of this website). However, there may be some slight adaptations in some subjects to ensure lessons can be accessed with limited equipment at home. For example, PE, Design and Technology, Art and Science will be planned with this in mind, but still ensuring that key knowledge and progression of learning is in place.
For those children in Early Years, opportunities to engage in the morning welcome and lesson starters are provided via live streaming. Access to additional tasks is provided via the assignments facility.
Other learning opportunities available to isolating pupils include:
- Weekly celebration and class assemblies
- Bug Club – online reading books assigned to your child and changed online weekly – these are also logged on our GoRead app
- Oxford Owl – online phonics books which match your child’s phonic ability
- Purple Mash
- Times Table Rockstars
- Some recorded teaching lessons via Oak Academy linked to the year group’s area of learning (the link is accessed via Microsoft Teams)
- Links to other educational websites (Eg. BBC Bitesize) linked to the year group’s area of learning
Pupils with Additional Needs
We continue to support pupils with SEND or pupils with English as an additional language (EAL) through our remote education programme to ensure progress continues to be made. This is through a variety of ways:
- Clear differentiated tasks in live or pre-recorded lessons on Microsoft Teams
- A range of work/activities based on current targets
- Live intervention sessions via Microsoft Teams– arranged by the SENCo/your child’s class teacher (e.g. guided reading, catch-up phonics, number work etc)
- Virtual support (arranged by the school SENCo) with external professionals (e.g. Speech and Language)
- EHCP reviews carried out virtually
The attendance officer is available to support your child through the remote learning experience. ([email protected])
If you have any urgent queries regarding remote education or access to the internet/devices, please contact school or email the year group email address and we will get back to you promptly for further support.
Our robust safeguarding procedures remain in place for all children in our care.
Please see the following documents for further details:
- Safeguarding Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Remote Education Policy
- E-Learning policy
- E-Learning and Home Learning Safeguarding Expectations
- Live Lessons Expectations
Additional Resources to support Remote Education
Remote Learning Documents